What software do I need to view the documents on this product?
While PDF is most often used for documents, this product may also contain other types of files. The software needed for each kind is listed below:
You will need to have Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader, version 7.0 or newer installed. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download a free copy at:
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents
These documents usually require Microsoft Office or a compatible office software suite.
- Windows: If you do not have Microsoft Office on your computer, free Office reader programs can be downloaded from Microsoft's download page. Microsoft does not provide free Word, Excel or PowerPoint viewer utilities for Macintosh or UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Macintosh: for Word files, you might want to try Abiword as a free alternative to MS Word.
- UNIX and Linux: Version 2.0 or later of OpenOffice.org can open most MS Office documents.
Your web browser will be able to handle these files.
Cross-platform multimedia content will usually be in Adobe Flash.
More information and support here.
Can I view documents from within my browser?
- You should be able to view PDF, HTML and multimedia content from within your browser.
- If your browser is prompting you to download PDF files, Acrobat or Adobe Reader may be corrupted or misconfigured.
More information and PDF support here.
Most other document formats (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) can not normally be viewed within your browser without additional software. The way these documents are handled differs between operating systems, software packages, and even the way your computer is configured.
- Microsoft Office for Windows may install QuickView software to view Office documents from within your browser, but only in more recent versions of Office.
- If you are prompted to either Open or Download a file after clicking a link, try Open first.
- After clicking a link, some web browsers will just open a window to the location of that file on this product. Double click the highlighted file to open it.
Copyright ©2008 Omnipress. All rights reserved.